Founder and CEO at AequilibriumVancouver, British Columbia, Canada
A strategic thinker with exceptional delivery skills. Highly successful in attracting talent, designing and developing high performance and autonomous teams, and managing successful businesses. Doing the Right Things, Right. Driven and passionate about Innovation, Knowledge Management, Enterprise Portfolio Management, and building Lean Organizations. Fostered collaboration with senior creative, strategy, and technology talent to create customer engagement and competitive advantage for our clients. Committed to delivering custom-solutions that translate in great user experiences and measurable results for our clients and their customers.
Opportunities I've postedNone at the moment.
Agile Delivery, eHealth, Digital Medical Record, Game Development, User Experience, Mobile Development / Mobile Devices, Wireless retail, Leadership, Coaching
teaching, Tai Chi, skiing, volleyball, travel
- Building and leading Agile, multidisciplinary, tightly aligned and autonomous teams
- Architecture, Technology Design & Implementation; Desktop, Website, Mobile & Social Media
- CMS, E-commerce, APIs, Platforms, and Enterprise Integration
- Omni-Channel Strategy & Planning
- Branding, Advertising and Digital Media
- Marketing Program Performance Management & Integrated Business Intelligence Platforms
- HCI, Usability, and Design for Gaming Consoles, Tablets, Mobile, Websites & Kiosks
Whether you need a stellar developer or a team of fine tuned technological wizards, we’re your one-stop-shop for all your IT staffing needs.
With over 20 years of combined experience in gaming, software development, digital marketing and advertising, I had the opportunity to design, build, and lead exceptional teams for UbiSoft, Blast Radius, Electronic Arts and iQmetrix.
Our strength lies in the fact that we’ve been there, done that. As former project manager, developer, technical architect and user experience lead, I understand the ins and outs of the various positions that make a tech team tick.
Also, as a job seeker, i sweated it out interviewing for positions with industry giants like EA and Microsoft.
- Team Design: identify the goals and objectives for the initiative to be delivered, and propose the team composition and skillset that will lead to the best results
- Recruitment for Contract and Permanent positions across multiple skill set areas: Project, Program and Product Management, Technology, User Experience
- Industry verticals: Product Development, Mobile Development, Digital Marketing, Gaming, Professional Services
Selected achievements: get/keep/grow the right People (onboarding, career path definition, motivation, mentoring and coaching), refining Processes (Agile and Lean development), and putting in place the appropriate supporting Tools (manage Knowledge, Scope, Resources, Time, Tasks, and Risks).
Program and Line Management on one or more cornerstone accounts - Client roster includes Nintendo, Electronic Arts, Microsoft, Starbucks, Nike, and Michelin. Lead the Delivery of large projects (multi-year, multi million $, teams of up to 30 multi-disciplinary professionals) using various methodologies such as Agile, Spiral, and Waterfall.
Subject Matter Expert on Gaming, Experience Design Innovation (online, PC, and mobile devices), online Marketing Campaigns, Brand Development, online Social Networking, Monetization / Membership model, and Loyalty.
- Hands-on Program Manager in charge of Delivery for several cornerstone accounts. Lead large, multi-phase, multi-disciplinary (Strategy, Technology, Experience Design) software development projects through the entire development cycle. Delivered world class products on time, on budget, and to the client's satisfaction.
- Managed multi-disciplinary teams delivering projects on time, on budget and to the client's satisfaction.
- Managed all aspects of project: scope, risk, schedule, budget, quality, and communication.
- Prepared project documentation: Project plans, Project charters, Status reports, Risk Assessment plans, Change Requests, Resource Requests.
- Participated in internal PMO programs including post project reviews, internal process initiatives and ongoing improvement practices.
- Worked closely with the Client Strategist, communicated with clients and teams on an ongoing basis and ensured changing resource and project requirements are met and understood.
- Managed all project-related requests with the client.
Effectively interacted with all levels of client management. Participated in client pitches and proposals by preparing of project budgets and related materials.
- Leveraged project knowledge and client relationships to assist in revenue growth within the account.
- Made strides in tough areas involving new features creation and technology selection using strong creative, conceptual, and problem-solving skills. Generated Ph.D. level ideas in brainstorming sessions with the most creative minds in our worldwide organization.
- Built a strong cross-functional team, by hiring 3 Team Leads and 10+ Interface Designers, Software Engineers and Web Engineers. Managed, coached, and mentored direct reports.
- Improved new feature design and evaluation by organizing the navigational structure of the game menus using interactive web-based technology. Used Visio flow diagrams, mock-ups, and interactive Flash presentations for rapid prototyping.
- Improved the customer experience, drove up customer satisfaction, and reduced the overall cost of ownership for our products.
- Critical to our success as a company, traveled extensively to collect business requirements directly from our customers. Performed usability studies, learned how our customers use our products, and quickly turned that knowledge into improved quality, reliability, performance and usability. Products received best in class ratings 2002-2004 from independent industry analyst.
- After July 2001 provided medical domain expertise and business analysis for R&D on a contract basis and assistance in resolving critical situations at various clinical sites.
- Conducted labs and tutorials for the following courses: Microprocessor Based Systems Design (4th year), Parallel and Distributed Systems (4th year), and Digital Circuits Analysis and Synthesis (2nd year). Each course had approximately 60 students.
- Architected, developed, and released on time and within budget several successful Multimedia-Interactive-Educational Games on PC and Macintosh: Guitar Series Windows and Macintosh), Kiyeko and the lost night, Payuta and the Ice God: video/audio input and playback, platform optimization, multiple monitor support.
- F1 Racing: Designed and implemented a new set of widgets for multimedia-rich applications. Memory optimization, transparency, z-buffering, multithreading.
M.Sc. in Advanced Computer Architectures