Social+Mobile Computing, Movies, Bicycling, Design+Innovation, Transit/Transportation, Global Affairs, Sustainability, Ethnic Cuisine, Business Strategy+Entrepreneurship, Internet Governance
Online Community Management, Forum Moderation, Social Media Management, Communications & Media Outreach, Research and Analysis, Digital Strategy | Project Management, Community Engagement and Facilitation.
(June 2012 to
Co-organizer | Evangelist,
Net Tuesday Vancouver
Net Tuesday brings together social media users and web innovators with social change makers and nonprofits to swap stories, mix ideas, and build new relationships. The aim is to empower non-profits with emerging tools, trends, and best-practices, allowing them to fulfill their mission statements in new and innovative ways.
(April 2011 to
Organizer | Evangelist,
Hacks/Hackers is a rapidly expanding international grassroots journalism organization with dozens of chapters and thousands of members across four continents. Our mission is to create a network of journalists (“hacks”) and technologists (“hackers”) who rethink the future of news and information.
(February 2012 to
Fairware Promotional Products Ltd.
Random Hacks of Kindness
Hacking for Humanity! http://www.rhok.org/
RHoK is a global community of innovators building practical open technology to make the world a better place.
(September 2005 to
Simon Fraser University
- Project/Research support for the "Knowledge Transfer Project (KTP)" - a University/Industry/Community collaboration & knowledge transfer initiative.
- Under KTP helped author a survey & report on 'Advanced Manufacturing' in the Fraser Valley. Also reports on 'Crime Reduction' and 'Work Integrated Learning'.
- Teaching assistant for several years for undergradute course: "Media Across Culture".
(April 2008 to
- "Telecom Regulatory and Policy Environment in Bangladesh: A Case Study"
(November 2003 to
Dhaka Transport Coordination Board (DTCB)
- Provided technical audit, advisory and systems analysis for all ICT components for a multi-million $ World Bank funded project - Dhaka Urban Transportation Project (DUTP). Acted as resident expert i.e. "Eyes & Ears" on behalf of the Executing Director of the Dhaka Transit authority - DTCB.
- Notable projects: Computerization (MIS) of Dhaka City Corporation, Vehicle Inspection & Registration Data Automation, Air Quality Improvement Project, reconfiguring DTCB website (as public information dissemination conduit), Automated Traffic Signalling & Synchronization.
(May 2003 to
Bangladesh ICT Business Promotion Council
- Provided coordination support for setup of an office in Silicon Valley that was mandated to give business advisory services for Bangladeshi ICT companies.
- Recruited about 30 ICT companies as initial clients for BIBC - Bangladesh ICT Business Center in Santa Clara, USA.
- Coordinated activities with all stakeholders including the major trade/industry associations. Helped organize a major press conference with widespread media coverage for both IBPC & BIBC.
(March 2003 to
Global Water Partnership - South Asia
- Appointed as the first communications officer for a newly established regional HQ of an Inter-Governmental Organization focused on Water issues globally.
- Provided communications support for a major international conference in-country/in-site; and virtually for another regional workshop.
(October 2002 to
- Helped Coronet Corporation to plan nationwide roll-out of a countrywide Pre-paid phone card services. We were one of the five licensees from the telecom regulator.
- helped successfully obtain a VSAT license and negotiate with project suppliers and vendors.
- Project managed the implementation plan and provided advice to principal partners & investors.
(October 2000 to
Technical Support Executive,
Intech Online Limited
- One of the first technical hires at innovative Internet Service company.
- We introduced pioneering services like DSL, Cable & Wireless internet in Bangladesh.
- Our company had a successful IPO within 2nd year of operations.
Refugee and Migratory Movements Research Unit (RMMRU) | University of Dhaka
RMMRU was one of the first & ground-breaking academic research outfit focused on exploring interconnected issues in migration, development, human security and international law. We worked with support from and as partner of UNHCR, DFID (UK), IOM, Oxford University Refugee Studies Program etc.
Award of Achievement in Web Analytics at
The University of British Columbia / UBC
Two Courses completed so far out of four.
Courses in E-commerce graduate program at
Technology, Business & Policy Issues in E-commerce.
Internet & E-Commerce Law.
Resources for Business Intelligence (i.e. Competitive Intelligence)
E-government: Canadian & Global Policy
Internet Security & Privacy.
Distance Learning module administered by the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) Worldwide academy
Graduate Studies [ABD] at
Simon Fraser University
"Credit Card with Antennae" : Exploration of Mobile Payments & E-services.
"Broadband and Development" : Investigation into Telecom Regulatory Landscape and Opportunity for Broadband Deployment in Bangladesh (with comparison in Canada).
Bachelors & Masters of Social Sciences at
University of Dhaka