This undisclosed employer, located in the heart of Montreal, is a subsidiary of one of the leading North American local search companies. We are a fast-paced, entrepreneurial internet company where ideas and execution drive everything we do. We are aggressively expanding using cutting edge marketing and technology to connect even more consumers with great local businesses and we are looking for an innovative Product Manager with a solid design background to join our innovation team in Montreal.
As a Product Manager, there will be the opportunity to build upon strategic and tactical skills, working with senior management, operations and technology to make things happen in a true consultative fashion. This is a high-accountability, highly visible entrepreneurial position for someone with confidence in his/her ability to deliver measurable results in a timely and accurate manner.
The ideal candidate will have a breadth of online product and design experience, a successful track record of project delivery, and a history of progressively taking on new responsibility. This person will take ownership in his/her work and has the ability to work with minimal guidance.
If you’re interested designing, developing and deploying products in local search, local commerce, local advertising, lead generation, APIs, scheduling, mobile, SoLoMo, collaborative consumption, payments, geodomains and similar concepts, this opportunity is for you.
What you'll be doing:
- Product Planning – be deeply aware of the key performance indicators of the business and mine them for innovative opportunities to drive incremental revenue, user and service providers engagement or improve customer satisfaction and then author proposals for new projects or enhancements.
- Product Requirements – Author product specifications defining the business case around proposed features and functionality as well as detailed product requirements and user stories. Utilize storyboarding and graphic pre-designs where appropriate. Exhibit good judgment in balancing considerations for scope of opportunity, development and support costs, risk, and end-user experience.
- Project Management – Establish project timelines with the development team and manage project deliverables both internally and externally to ensure execution meets target dates and matches product vision. Collaborate with internal stakeholders to ensure delivery of an optimal finished product.
- Web design - Responsible for the design of online products, web pages, graphics, multimedia, apps, e-mail newsletters, mobile, etc. (UX & UI)
- Multi-tasking - Manage multiple projects simultaneously, monitor project status, troubleshoot obstacles, and provide outstanding communication to all stakeholders through development cycle.
- Product Performance - Continually monitor performance (via A/B testing and other methods), customer needs, and industry trends, to develop new ideas and test hypotheses.
Experience and Skills:
- 5+ years experience in Web design, product management, or product development
- Ability to handle significant and complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of intangibles and provides solutions that are highly creative.
- Exercise independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation and criteria for obtaining results and accomplishing objectives.
- Project management skills including planning and organizational skills, with solid attention to detail
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills
- Self-motivated with ability to work under minimal supervision
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize independently
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, highly dynamic entrepreneurial work environment
- Deep knowledge of design software like Photoshop and Illustrator
- Solid understanding of navigation and UI for maximizing usability.
- Demonstrated creative skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in both technical and business environments.
- Bachelor’s university degree a plus but not required