Please indicate: #Vivacissimo in reference
The role of the Release Manager is to oversee all software solution build-related systems, processes, and best practices in support of a multi-project strategic program. The ideal candidate will have experience with Microsoft source control (Team Foundation Server) and software build systems, bug-tracking systems, and shell scripting. The candidate will be an individual contributor, and serve as the focal point for multiple software development teams, and as such will need to coordinate and communicate with multiple contributors. The ideal candidate will possess the ability to operate independently on a day-to-day basis, handle software upgrades in a non-disruptive fashion, understand when to escalate issues and risks, produce his/her own software deliverables (e.g. scripting, automation, system integration) and prepare release documentation.
• Coordinate, schedule, execute, and document software build and deployment processes. Includes compiling software with standard software development tools, packaging builds for release, ensuring appropriate project documentation is available for each new build or release, and smoke testing builds for accuracy and completeness of the build. Accurately apply code fixes to all environments as required.
• Develop scripts and automation tools used to build, integrate, and deploy software releases; this includes server install scripts, and build and release automation scripts.
• Perform complex code line/branch merging, escalating to appropriate developers and managers as necessary for conflict resolution.
• Provide input into developing standards for development tools, processes, and best practices
• Manage one or more source control repositories, ensuring that repository systems are upgraded to latest versions as appropriate while managing risk associated with updates. Ensure that appropriate data backup mechanisms are established, documented, and adhered to.
• Create and maintain procedures and scripts to gather raw data and statistics about code, review comments, defects as necessary to enable continuing improvement of code development and overall quality, producing summary reports as necessary.
• Automate and improve all aspects of code analysis, configuration management, the build process, data/statistics gathering, build distribution, report generation, pre-QA build certification, build deployment, etc.
o Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field
o 3+ years’ experience in software development, systems engineering, or configuration management
o Good written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills. Must have a service-oriented attitude with good problem solving and analytical skills. Ability to work independently, self-motivated, and highly focused. Team player.
o Ability to thrive in a changing environment. Ability to work multiple projects with multiple priorities.
o Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle (requirements gathering, analysis and design, development tools, version control, testing and QA, and deployment) and software methodologies.
o Ability to grasp complex technical concepts quickly and ability to apply that knowledge to the software configuration management effort. Ability to communicate ideas and technical information clearly in both verbal and written form
o Solid understanding in the following areas: Source Control such as Team Foundation Server 2010; and IDEs such as Visual Studio Team System
o French and English, both written and spoken
o Knowledge of the Microsoft business applications
o Experience in an Agile / Scrum context
If you are interested, please send your resume