As our SSIS Integrator/Database Programmer, you will provide technical support in developing and maintaining database applications in a Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008 environment. Heavy focus on e-commerce data conversion and data integration using SSIS supporting back-end processes including orders, shipments, customers, products, and other e-commerce elements. Create scripts for data maintenance or bug fixes. Review, analyze and document data and workflow processes.
In addition, you will assist with administrative maintenance of relational databases including problem diagnosis and performance tuning; implement data models and database designs; as well as assist with ad-hoc reports as needed.
• Design, develop and maintain web-based business process and database applications.
• Create scripts and SSIS packages for data integration, data maintenance or bug fixes.
• Write SQL statement for ad-hoc report generation
• Develop proactive working relationships with employees both inside and outside the team.
• Consult with project managers to determine business and functional requirements and identify solutions to resolve those needs
• Analyze, define and document system requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, interfaces with other systems, auditing, reporting requirements and production configuration.
• Write and maintain functional and technical specifications.
• Create test plans, test data sets and automated testing to ensure all components of the system meet specifications
• Analyze code for problem resolution and performance optimizations
• Provide technical consulting and respond to error reports, problems or questions
• Analyze, install and test commercial software for internal use. Provide technical support for third party systems integrated with the website applications
• Monitor the performance of applications and servers and assist with technical support as required
• 7+ years of experience developing relational MSSQL database applications, 5 years complex SSIS requirements including import/export of common data formats such as CSV, XML
• 3+ years of experience creating scripts, testing in QA and implementing large data updates into production databases
• Experience with a change management system such as TFS, GIT, Subversion, etc. Understanding of principles of change management
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business documentation, technical specifications and project management documentation
• Ability to write clear, concise reports and business correspondence
• Demonstrated ability to work as part of an application development team; create structured code for integration into larger systems, document work for maintenance in a production environment, create task lists, timelines and deliverables, and work to meet project schedules determined by others
• Demonstrated ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to develop systematic testing plans for problem resolution
• Proven track record of prioritizing and self-managing assigned tasks
• Thorough understanding of XML
• DBA experience, Mediachase/EPiServer experience, and BI experience are not required but are a plus
• Must be able to work onsite in Marina del Rey, in an open office environment with moderate noise levels and frequent interruptions
• Must be able to work during normal business hours and occasional overtime to meet deadlines