Press & Media Kit
Contact Philippe Gauvin (@philgo20), matchFWD co-founder, if you have questions or want to know more about us.
In the Press
Sept 19th, 2012
[...] MatchFWD is using the sharing economy to disrupt the job changing experience and make it a more level playing field. Job seekers will love this platform because they won’t waste their time to blind box ads where recruiters are just fattening their talent pool. (Article)
July 24th, 2012
[...] Le pari de la start-up MatchFWD est de formaliser et de rationaliser ces demandes de contact [avec des candidats recommandés]. (Article)
Jun 20th, 2012
[...] L’algorithme développé par le site semble efficace; ceux parmi mes contacts qui ont été proposés pour chaque offre d’emploi que j’ai consultée étaient tous qualifiés pour le poste. (Blog)
Apr 16th, 2012
We've integrated the free job board SimplyHired to expand the reach of hiring managers when contacts are not enough (Company Blog)
Apr 2, 2012
Ben Yoskovitz of NextMontreal asks Phil about matchFWD coming out of private beta (Blog)
Mar 30, 2012
Press release of the launch (Press release)
Mar 28, 2012
"[...] une entreprise québécoise, entre dans le créneau pour offrir une solution originale: un outil qui utilise Facebook et Linkedin pour faciliter les mises en relation, mais pour assister pour les connecteurs en ligne." (Blog)
Mar 23, 2012
"The platform facilitates referrals via a job seeker’s social network, finding the “connectors” who can share job postings with their contacts and refer people." (Blog)
- The name
- matchFWD: We suggest matches, our users forward them. Everybody is happy. It's extremely hard to pronounce for French-speaking people and we're from Montreal. Go figure.
- The deal
- matchFWD connects talents and employers through referrals and personalized recommendations based on social networks data to ensure the right fit.
- It's like
- FriendFeed meets OkCupid for jobs.
- The full deal
- matchFWD’s social recruiting platform connects hiring managers with talented people through mutual Facebook and LinkedIn contacts. Our proprietary matching algorithm and sweet UI combined with human intelligence makes it effortless for Connectors to refer people and share opportunities. It drastically increases the quantity of referred applicants received by employers. Users help friends grow their business and find better career opportunities, while building their online reputation and even earn referral bonuses.
- The backstory
- Founder Céline Charron, a veteran of the employment marketing and recruiting software industry, was looking for the next generation of online employment product. With an inbox full of "Would you know a good [inser-job-title]" and "I am looking for a better position. Can you help me?" she thought there had to be a better way. She teamed up with local Montreal hackers to a build a smarter way to connect who's hiring and who's available.
- The look
- We saw no reasons for job seekers and hiring managers to keep using no-fun products with boring palettes. We teamed up with Dribbble master Alex Deschamps and we're pretty happy with the result.
- The gimmick
- We count all shares, matches and re-share and we show it on nice looking score cards on every user page. It helps other users figure out who are the great connectors.
- The team
- 1 industry veteran, 1 product guy, a couple hackers, 1 friendly French-speaking girl.
- The cost
- matchFWD is enthusiastically a free service while in beta.
Logos and Images